Friday, February 14, 2014

Praise God for music!


                                                          "I Can Just Be Me"

                                                                    by Laura Story


I've been doing all that I can
To hold it all together
Piece by piece.
I've been feeling like a failure,
Trying to be braver
Than I could ever be.
It's just not me.

So be my healer, be my comfort, be my peace.
Cause I can be broken, I can be needy,
Lord I need You now to be,
Be my God, so I can just be me.

I've been living like an orphan,
Trying to belong here,
But it's just not my home.
I've been holding on so tightly,
To all the things that I think
Could satisfy my soul.
But I'm letting go...

So be my father, my mighty warrior, be my king.
Cause I can be scattered, frail and shattered,
Lord I need You now to be,
Be my God, so I can just be me.

Cause I was lost in this dark world
Until I was finally found in You
So now I'm needing, desperately pleading
Oh Lord, be all to me

And be my savior, be my lifeline, won't You be my everything.
Cause I'm so tired of trying to be someone
I was never meant to be
Be my God
Please be my God
Be my God
So I can just be me
So I can just be me
I can just be me
.




Wow!  This song of Laura Story's is phenomenal!  It is becoming the prayer of my heart!  Perhaps the Lord Jesus will use it to minister to you as well.  If you want to listen, please do.  If you want to read the lyrics over and over again, please do ;)  What a gift she has to share her heart...in authenticity.

I do not know about you but when I get gut level honest I do not often want to be me; at least not the me that I perceive.  I am realizing more and more that my Creator and my Father He really does just want me to be me and to stop trying so hard to be the me that I want others to see, the me that I think others want me to be or even the me that I think is 'godly.'  God really, really does want me to just be...me.  To rest, relax, trust, and wait on His direction, on His plans rather than rushing ahead of Him thinking that I am trying to please Him - LUDICROUS!

Goodness, I feel like the words to this song could have been written from my heart and from my life.

Oh God, please be my God and help me to 'just be me'!  Show me who the me is that You made me to be.  The me that brings You glory, that rests in Your presence and trusts Your sovereignty.  Thank You, thank You, thank You for being 'my Father', please be 'my Healer, my Comfort, my Peace, my Mighty Warrior, my King' and thank You for being 'my Savior', please be 'my lifeline and my everything'!  Forgive me for being for trying to 'hold it all together' and thank You for bringing me to the end of myself and attempting to teach me what that can and does mean.  Forgive me for forgetting that I am no longer 'lost in this dark world' but I am 'found in You', Jesus - help me to walk in the Truth of this!  I am 'needing, desperately pleading for You, Lord to be all to me'!  Forgive me for giving others a higher place in my life than You and for placing myself above You in so many subtle ways!  I can now say with some conviction and a bit of gratitude that I am thankful that You have allowed me to be 'scattered, frail and shattered' because I do want and need 'You now to be my God' and teach me how to 'just be me'.  Tired, 'so tired of trying to be someone I was never meant to be'.  I know You are my God; help me to just be me!  Help me to truly learn, God!  Forgive me for stubbornly holding on to my old way of doing things regardless of the fact that You have made me new and You have provided grace, that You know me and love me knowing me better than I even know myself!  That I am accepted because of Jesus Christ, regardless!  Thank You for breaking me and allowing me to be needy to the point that I can no longer pretend that all is well and that You are at work molding me and making me as You have been all along and all I need to do is listen to Your Voice and obey - please give me the ears to hear and the strength to obey.  May I look to You, Father,  in this season and truly learn what You are trying to teach me... May I allow You to renew my mind and change my ways of coping, living and reacting.  Thank You for Laura Story and her heart for You and her ministry of words and music and desire to worship You.  Please continue to reveal Yourself to her.


No comments:

Post a Comment