Monday, August 25, 2014

Psalm 139:1-6

Psalm 139:1-6
O LORD, You have searched me and known me.
You know my sitting down and my rising up; You understand my thought afar off.
You comprehend my path and my lying down, and are acquainted with all my ways.  
For there is not a word on my tongue, but behold, O LORD, You know it altogether. 
You have hedged me behind and before, and laid Your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain it.  

I feel compelled to camp out in Psalm 139 for a while.  Please pray for me as I desire obey the Lord, He knows what He is requiring of me.

Verse 1 begins with an acknowledgment of the LORD as Master/boss.  Interesting, I think, I mean I struggle greatly with 'thinking' I am taking care of myself, that I am in charge.  Do you?

Essentially, I KNOW this is not true but I forget to live it in the daily-ness of life.  This passage is so comforting and yet so convicting to me and I am so grateful that He allows for both.

I am comforted to know that my LORD has searched me and knows me, fully and completely, better even than I know myself and yet oh so convicted because what I do know of myself is that I am often full of pride, selfishness, criticism and judgment; however the best part is that because of Jesus, my LORD, choses to not see me that way anymore!  2 Corinthians 5:21 "For God made Jesus who knew no sin to be sin for us (me) that we (I) might become the righteousness of God in Jesus."  Do we realize that this makes us Ephesians 1:6, "Accepted in the Beloved" (JESUS)!  So while he has searched me and known me He loves me as He sees me, through Jesus, not as I see myself.

I can be"confident of this very thing, that He (God) who has begun a good work in you (me) in you (me) will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ."  I am so thankful!

I need to change my focus, always my focus needs to be Christ and Christ alone.  My God knows when I sit, when I rise, what I think, when I lie down and even what I will say before I say it and yet He loves me anyway!  What a gift!!!

Did you notice that His knowing goes way beyond knowing though to doing?  How cool is that?  He has "hedged me behind and before" AND "laid His hand upon me"!  Think about that...

He surrounds me and lays His hand upon me to protect me, to guide me and to be my LORD!  He knows the best for me and He does not just stand back and watch He is intimately involved in my life, so much so that He lives inside me and guards all around me!!  He is so good!!!

I agree with the Psalmist, "Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain it."  But I so want to try, don't you?  When I focus on all that He is, all that He knows and all that He does life is so much better!

Which brings me to a recommendation...actually a couple, the first would be if you do not know Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior, maybe it is time...  Secondly, I have been listening to The Afters album, Life is Beautiful, you might consider checking it out ;)))

Father God, thank You for being all that You are!!!  Thank You Jesus, for Your willingness to give up so much for me! Thank You that even though You know all there is to know about me You love me anyway!  You provide Your grace, mercy and forgiveness without measure!  Thank You that You continually, faithfully draw me back to You when I foolishly try to take charge and lose focus.  May You receive the glory from these words shared and from my life despite me and my failings.  May others see You in me and realize that any good thing comes from You!  (James 1:17)  Help me to look to You, have joy and recognize that "Life is Beautiful" because You are at work!

No comments:

Post a Comment