Thursday, September 11, 2014

To God be the glory

Ephesians 3:20-21
Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever.  Amen. 

ABLE:  having the power, skill, means, or opportunity to do something:  having considerable skill, proficiency, or intelligence
EXCEEDINGLY: extremely; to a great extent
ABUNDANTLY:in large quantities; plentifully; extremely

So I could go on and on looking up words in these verses but I will stop here =]  


Look at this:  Now (why now?)  Well, look back at verses 14-19; For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man, that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height--to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge that you may be filled will all the fullness of God!!!  YES - I want all of this through Christ, don't you???  

Do you see this?  According to the riches of His glory - He is what?  He is ABLE!  Able to do what?  Able to do EXCEEDINGLY (extremely, to a great extent); and wait not just EXCEEDINGLY but ABUNDANTLY (in large quantities,;plentifully; extremely).  

Did you catch that???  He is ABLE TO DO EXTREMELY, EXTREMELY (Our God always goes above and beyond!!! Always!!  He does not stop at adequately, enough or plenty.  He goes on to full of plenty, extremely, to a great extent!  Wow, when we catch a glimpse of this!!!  IT MAKES ME WANT TO SHOUT!!!! (thus all the capital letters - LOL!)  As I fall on my knees internally!!!

What is our God able to do according to the riches of His Glory??  (Do we realize that His glory has no limit???  A word study on glory seems to be in the future, maybe?  He is ABLE to grant us strength within.  Why?  That Christ may dwell in our hearts through faith and beyond that so that YOU/I may be rooted and grounded in love - not just any love HIS LOVE!!!  And not just rooted and grounded in love, but we will be ABLE to comprehend (understand - really get; personally)  WHAT IS THE WIDTH, THE LENGTH, THE DEPTH AND THE HEIGHT of the Love of Christ (for you and for me).  TO KNOW THIS LOVE THT PASSES KNOWLEDGE that we may be FILLED WITH ALL THE FULLNESS OF GOD!!!  

W O W ! ! !  or should I say W H O A ! ! ! ! 

Here it is...  NOW to Him who is ABLE to do EXCEEDINGLY ABUNDANTLY above all that we ask or think.  How???  According to the power that works in us - the POWER OF GOD THROUGH JESUS IN ALL HIS RICHES, HIS ABUNDANCE, HIS EXCESS, HIS FULLNESS AND HIS LOVE!!!  

For what purpose?  To make me what to shout praises - nope, that's just a perk.  To allow me to experience joy and peace - nope, another perk.  You get my drift.  TO BRING GOD GLORY BY CHRIST JESUS - as the church - the body of Christ - we are allowed to bring Him glory!  How cool is that?

I do not know about You but I am fired up!  I know that I know that I know that my God is able!  Do I know what He is doing?  - No, I do not have a clue.  Do I sometimes tremble in fear and anxiety?  - You betcha!  Do I want to try and take control and figure things out?  Absolutely!  

The fact is though that God keeps reminding, and by reminding I mean practically moment by moment, that I am not in charge, He is.  I need only be still.  I need only wait on Him.  I need to lay the anxiety, the fear, the control continually at His feet, confessing and surrendering that He is Able!  HE IS!  Remember, EXTREMELY, EXTREMELY ABLE!!! TO DO WHATEVER HE WANTS!!!

He is continually reminding me of Psalm 139, He knows my lying down, my getting up, my sitting down, my path, my thoughts... He knows EVERYTHING, I don't and nor will I!!!  What a relief when I let it be!  

Oh, God, thank You for the fact that You are ABLE to take care of me and all that concerns me.  Help me to not just write these words and get fired up for a moment but remind me continually that You are EXCEEDINGLY ABUNDANTLY ABLE to grant me strength to get through the dailyness and the bigness of things that come in my life, that Your goal is to strengthen me on the inside...may I surrender, may I submit.  Please God, have Your way.  May I continue to grasp Your love for me to truly KNOW IT!  May I be filled with all Your fullness, God...empty me of all that is not of You!  May I trust You that You really are going to handle the things in my life that I just sometimes doubt that You are going to handle - forgive me for that doubt; for that unbelief!  Thank You that You are so far above me that I cannot even imagine Your glory.  Please God, I ask though, that You would allow me to bring You glory...may I step out of Your way and may I point to Christ Jesus!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment