Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Lord, help me to follow along...

The line to a song jumped out at me the other day..."You are gonna move, how You are gonna move today, help me to follow along."

Absolutely!  Exactly!  God is at work and I want to join Him in His work not try to make my own work.  Much easier said than done, I know, trust me.

Psalm 25:4-5, "Show me Your ways, O LORD;  Teach me Your paths.  Lead me in Your truth and teach me.  For You are the God of my salvation; on You I wait all the day."  

LORD:  SHOW ME...TEACH ME...LEAD ME..TEACH ME...I WAIT.
YOUR WAYS...YOUR PATHS...YOUR TRUTH...YOU ARE GOD...MY SALVATION...ON YOU...ALL THE DAY!

I so want to be shown His ways, taught His paths and to be lead in His truth - He is the God of my salvation and I will wait on Him.  Father, while I want to be shown Your ways, increase my 'want-er', please.  Help me to truly be teachable and to learn Your Word so that I can be lead in Your truth.  I praise You that You are the God, the LORD and master of my salvation!  I declare that I will wait on You all the day - and I ask that when I forget to wait or I try to take control once again (I know myself;) that You, Father with get my attention and again show me Your ways, teach me Your paths, lead me in Your truth and make me teachable.

Psalm 143:8,  "Cause me to hear Your lovingkindness in the morning, for in You do I trust; cause me to know the way in which I should walk, for I lift up my soul to You."

Father, I know the ability to hear Your lovingkindness comes from You so I ask that You would cause me to be able to hear loud and clear.  Please remove from my mind the typical distractions that I fight with and enable me to trust You, fully trust You.  Cause, make it so, me to know the way in which I should walk...for I do lift my soul up to You.  Cleanse me and purify me, make me whole and give me ears to hear.  I thank You for the promise of Your Word and Your ability to keep Your promises.  

I think about the word lovingkindness.  A compound word of two words, loving and kindness.  It is mind blowing really to think about.  God's love is beyond loving and it is kind as well and His kindness is beyond kind it is loving as well!  Am I the only one who is consistently blown away by the fact that God is always above and beyond in EVERYTHING???  And by the mere fact that He allows me to experience Him personally...to have an intimate relationship where He is enabling me to know Him!  He is so good!!!  Isn't He!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Psalm 32:8, "I will instruct You and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye."  

Isaiah 30:21, "Your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, 'This is the way, walk in it,' whenever you turn to the right hand or whenever you turn to the left."

Isaiah 58:11, "The LORD will guide you continually, and satisfy your soul in drought, and strengthen your bones, you shall be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail."

John 16:13, "When He, the Spirit of Truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come."

John 14:8, "Jesus said, 'I am The Way, The Truth, and The Life.  No one comes to the Father except through Me.'"

John 8:32, "You shall know the Truth, and the Truth shall make you free."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Look at the Truth of His Word...
He takes the responsibility to instruct me and lead me where I should go.  The LORD Who Sees knows where to guide me - all the time.

He says my ears will hear a word behind me telling me which way to walk.  He will straighten out my paths when I go to the right or the left.

He promises to guide me CONTINUALLY and beyond that to satisfy my soul and strengthen my bones. When I am in drought (when I feel like I cannot go on) He will satisfy my soul (not necessarily change my circumstances), strengthen my bones to the point that I am like a watered garden and even more a spring whose waters never fail!  Think about that!  He renews me from the inside out until I am bubbling over like a never-ending spring!  Oh, God, I so want the truth of this in my life!  Forgive me for relying on me, not listening to You and not allowing You to satisfy my soul because I am too focused on trying to hear!!!  You do not say that I have to work hard to hear but that You will allow me to hear!!!

Thank You for Your Holy Spirit who lives inside of me!  Thank You that He will guide me into all Truth!  Thank You for revealing Yourself to me as the Way, the Truth and the Life so that I can have a personal, intimate relationship with You!  Help me to know Your Truth and be set free!  Give me ears to hear (Matthew 11:15).  I do pray that I will be obedient and walk in Your ways.  I know You are at work, help me to join You where You are and not worry about the rest.  I praise You and thank You for Your plans and Your purposes for me.  You know every detail and You are fully in control.  Increase my trust, Father, in the dailyness of my life.  May I quietly wait on Your salvation, Your direction for my days and be still and know that You are my God.  I declare that You are who You say You are and that what You say about me is true!  I am loved.  I am accepted.  I am forgiven.  Thank You for Your faithfulness, that is Great!  I praise You because You alone are worthy to be praised.  May I praise You with my actions as well as my Words.  Use me, however You chose...



1 comment:

  1. I also am listening for His voice, His direction. Thank you, Tammy

    ReplyDelete