Friday, September 16, 2016

God Provides...Everything

Psalm 16 (NLT)
  (1) Keep me safe, O God, for I have come to You for refuge. 
  (2) I said to the LORD, You are my Master!  Every good thing I have comes from You. 
  (3) The godly people in the land are my true heroes!  I take pleasure in them!
  (4) Troubles multiply for those who chase after other gods.  I will not take part in their sacrifices of blood or even speak the names of their gods.  
  (5) LORD, You alone are my inheritance, my cup of blessing.  You guard all that is mine. 
  (6) The land You have given me is a pleasant land.  What a wonderful inheritance!
  (7) I will bless the LORD who guides me; even at night my heart instructs me.  
  (8) I know the LORD is always with me.  I will not be shaken, for He is right beside me.  
  (9) No wonder my heart is glad, and I rejoice.  My body rests in safety. 
(10) For You will not leave my soul among the dead or allow Your Holy One to rot in the grave.
(11) You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of Your presence and the pleasures of     living with You forever. 


I love the Psalms.  They are just so real, aren't they?  I desire to be real with people and know them as real as well.  David pours out his soul here in Psalm 16 and it resonates with me.

Keep me safe, protect me (HCSB), preserve me (NKJV) for I have come to You for refuge, for in You I put my trust (NKJV).  Trusting the fact that God is my refuge, He will keep me safe and He is my refuge is key.  I know that things happen that make me "feel" that I am not safe and yet the fact is that this life is not what is most important.  Our reality is that this life is only 0-100 years possibly but heaven is for all eternity.  God being my safety and refuge is in knowing that regardless of what happens in this life, He is trustworthy and He is preparing a place for me in heaven (John 14:3).

I must declare, in this life, by my words and my actions that He is my Lord and Master recognizing that every good thing I have comes from Him.  HCSB states "You are my Lord, I have nothing good besides You."  He is the very definition of goodness.  So any goodness I am capable of originates in Him.

I look at this Psalm and am reminded of His provision.  He provides safety, He is my refuge.  His very being is goodness.  The ability to take pleasure in others or in anything is from Him.  He is my inheritance.  He is my blessing.  He guides me.  He is always with me.  I can allow my heart to be glad (have joy) when I recognize all that He is and all that He does.  Notice in verse 10, it is all because of Jesus!!!  I am granted the joy of His presence and the knowledge that I will live with Him forever.

I have a choice, one I must make over and over.  Am I going to trust in Him and live in His ways or follow after the world?  Will I love others in the way He loves me?  Will I rest in the security that belonging to Him brings and allow it to stretch my comfort zone and be willing to reach out to others because I know I am secure in Him?

I love the example of David.  I can come to God with everything.  My fears, my frustrations, my joys, my hopes, my disappointments, the people that I love.  I can KNOW that He has me and them in the palm of His hand.  He is at work all the time and He has provided everything I will ever need all ready.

I need only trust in Him and wait for His timing.

This is a difficult task especially when I tend to forget that every single thing is all about Him and His strength and His provision, not my own!!  Truly, it may seem that I am oversimplifying, but the fact is we are guilty of making things harder than He ever intended - at least I am.

Father God, I am truly thankful for Your Word.  For the way that Your servant, David, expressed himself and thus shows me that it is acceptable and even pleasing to You when I come to You with all that I am facing.  Please God, enable me to look to You and place my trust in You moment by moment and be ready to share the love that You so generously poured out for me with others.  May I love as You love me.  Help me to rest in You, Lord.  In Jesus Name, Amen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment