Monday, September 19, 2016

Jesus Is: The Word of LIFE

The instructions of the LORD are perfect, reviving the soul.  The decrees of the LORD are trustworthy, making wise the simple.  The commandments of the LORD are right, bringing joy to the heart.  The commands of the LORD are clear, giving insight for living.  Psalm 19:7-9 (NLT)

The Word, the Bible is described in many ways.  In these two verses alone the Word is described as instructions, decrees, commandments and commands.  "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God" (John 1:1).  And in John 1:14, "The Word became flesh and took up residence among us.  We observed HIs glory, the glory as the One and Only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth."

We know that Jesus is the Word.

Look at what Jesus, as the Word through the Bible, reveals in these two verses alone.  His Word is perfect -- it revives the soul.  My soul!!! Your soul!!!  Revives?  The dictionary suggests several meanings for the word revives:  to activate, set in motion, or take up again; renew; to restore to life or consciousness, renewed, vigor, strength, or a flourishing condition;  to reanimate, to cheer; to be restored or renews as hope or consciousness.

Through spending time with Jesus, through reading His Word, meditating upon it I can be revived!!!  In a spiritual sense as well as in a physical sense.  He enables me to go on.  He is after all "the Way, the Truth and the Life" John 14:6.  

His Word has the ability to make us wise.  Wise is knowing the Truth but also wise in living the Truth as we obey what He reveals to us.

His Word is right, period.  And in it's rightness Jesus brings joy to my heart and yours.  If we read it and apply it and if we allow Him to apply it to our daily living then there is joy.  How?  Through obedience and being willing to listen for His Voice and follow His lead in moment by moment of daily living.  And those times that we don't obey then He leads us to confess that disobedience and trust His forgiveness therefore allowing Him to begin again in because of His faithfulness.  It says right there in verse 9 that His Word is clear and it gives insight for living.  Believe it!

His Word goes on to say at the end of Psalm 19 in verse 14:  "May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to You, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer."

It is after spending time with Jesus, actually in Him, through His Word, that we are then able to have a heart, words and actions that are pleasing to our Father in Heaven, our LORD.  He is so good!!!

Father God, thank You for Jesus!  Thank You, Jesus, for being the very Word on the page that we can read and that has the power to revive me in my daily life.  Thank You, Jesus, that You gave Your Life so that I may have abundant and eternal life in You.  May I spend time with You and truly allow You to revive and renew me in ways that alters the way I speak and respond in my daily life.  Thank You for reminding me that You are my Rock and my Redeemer.  For reminding me of that all I am in You and of all that is possible because of You.  Thank You for bringing joy to my heart through Your Word.  It is because of Jesus, I pray, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment