Wednesday, November 2, 2016

God's Guidance is BEST

Psalm 32: 8-9
The LORD says, "I will guide you along the best pathway for your life.  I will advise you and watch over you.  Do not be like a senseless horse or mule that needs a bit and bridle to keep it under control."

I do not know about you, but I often find myself being that "senseless horse or mule" referred to in the verses above.  It is maddening to me just how often I try to take charge of things in my life - particularly by overanalyzing and trying to figure things out.

The Lord reminds me over and over as I read His Word to Trust Him.  He has the plan for me and my family fully under control and He really does not need my input!  He is reminding me to put my energies toward being thankful to Him and focusing on Him.  Colossians 4:2, "Devote yourself to prayer, being watchful and thankful."  

Isaiah 30:15b, "Only in returning to Me and resting in me will you be saved.  In quietness and confidence is your strength." 
Isaiah 30:18, "So the LORD must wait for you to come to Him so He can show you His love and compassion.  For the LORD is a faithful God.  Blessed are those who wait for His help."    

He is good to repeatedly remind me to repent (return to Him) and to rest in Him.  It is in resting in Him that I find I can wait on Him and then quietness and confidence in Him becomes my strength.   I struggle to rest in Him.  I struggle with waiting on Him.  And yet when I turn to Him and share my heart in full disclosure in prayer and repentance, He shows Himself faithful and He does provide that rest, strength, hope and joy that can only be found in Him.  Then He reveals His path for me.

Father God, I am sorry that I am often like the senseless horse or mule that will have none of Your leading though I often mask it in ways that makes me feel like I am following.  Convict me Holy Spirit and do not allow me to walk so often on that particular path, but give me eyes to see and ears to hear as You lead along with a willing and pure heart that will follow.  I know that I know that You are trustworthy God and truly it makes no sense that I would continue to give in to my flesh and follow my own lead, but I often do.  Please God, transform me from the inside out and enable me to have full confidence in Your strength as represented by my actions not just my words.  I want to become better at waiting for You, Lord, instead of running out ahead of You.  Forgive me.  Show me the best pathway for my life and help me to walk on it in quietness and strength.  Give me a heart's desire to devote myself to prayer, being watchful for who and what You want me to pray about and to be thankful, regardless.  Thank You, Jesus, for Your provision, for Your unfailing love and for making a way for me to have relationship with God through the shedding of Your blood that paid my sin debt and for raising to life again guaranteeing me eternal life.  Please help me to walk in the abundance of what You already done for me in this life!  Thank You that I do not have to wait until heaven.  It's is all because of You, Jesus, Amen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment