Friday, November 18, 2016

The LORD is My Rescuer

Some verses from Psalm 18.

(vs 1)  I love You, LORD; You are my strength.   (vs 2)  The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection.  He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.  (vs 3) I called on the LORD, who is worthy of praise, and He saved me from my enemies.  (vs 4)  The ropes of death entangled me; floods of destruction swept over me.  (vs 5) The grave wrapped its ropes around me; death laid a trap in my path.  (vs 6) But in my distress I cried out to the LORD; yes, I prayed to my God for help.  Help heard me from His sanctuary; my cry to Him reached His ears. 

(vs. 16)  He reached down from heaven and rescued me; He drew me out of deep waters.  (vs 17)  He rescued me from my powerful enemies, from those who hated me and were too strong for me.  (vs 18) They attacked me at a moment when I was in distress, but the LORD supported me.  (vs 19)  He led me to a place of safety He rescued me because He delights in me. 

(vs 28) You light a lamp for me.  The LORD, my God, lights up my darkness. 

(vs 30)  God's way is perfect.  All the LORD's promises prove true.  He is a shield for all who look to Him for protection.  (31)  For who is God except the LORD?  Who but our God is a solid rock?  (vs 32)  God arms me with strength, and He makes my way perfect. 

(vs 46)  The LORD lives!  Praise to my Rock!  May the God of my salvation be exalted!

Father, I thank You that You are my strength, my rock, my fortress, my protection and my savior.  You LORD, are worthy of my praise.  Once again, Lord, I have asked You to rescue me from the enemy of my soul and his deceptive ways of manipulating my emotions and You did!!  Thank You!  I have asked You to rescue me and draw me out of the deep waters and help me to cast my burdens on You and release them and You have given me the strength to do that!  Thank You!  Thank You, Lord, for taking delight in me.  Enable me to obey You and to be faithful as You are faithful.  Thank You, Lord for lighting up my darkness & for providing relief from the weight of it.  I praise You once again for Your rescue and that You never, ever leave me or forsake me.  

The Lord has been teaching me of late, the importance of coming to Him as a little child.  In complete trust, hope and a knowing that He will do what He says He will.  As as adult, I often find myself analyzing, actually overanalyzing, and trying to figure things out, particularly the things of God, rather than trusting Him simply as a child.  You know, taking Him at His WORD.  James 1:17b says, "He never changes or casts a shifting shadow.  He is trustworthy.  He will do what He says He will.  And I know it because He has proven it to me over and over and I am so thankful!

Father God, please continue to remind me to have the faith of a child.  Thank You for showing me so much and for refusing to ever leave me in the hard places alone.  You are there with me and when the time is right, You rescue me.  Help me to trust in You before the rescue seems apparent and take my worries to You and release them to You and receive Your peace regardless of the circumstances or my feelings about them.  Enable me to be intentional in holding onto the Truth of Your Word.  Forgive me for casting my cares upon You and not releasing them into Your capable hands.  Forgive me for lacking faith and trust in Who You say You are.  Thank You for Your willingness to always hear from me and Your desire to relieve me of the pressures of this world when I focus on You rather than on anyone or anything else.  Thank You that Your ways are perfect and all Your promises are true.  May I bring You glory today as I surrender my will to Yours, Jesus.  Thank You, LORD for being my Rescuer!


No comments:

Post a Comment