Thursday, January 16, 2014

Isaiah 55:6-11

ISAIAH 55:6-11
 6) Seek the LORD while He may be found; call to Him while He is near. 
 7) Let the wicked one abandon his way, and the sinful one his thoughts, and let him return to the LORD, so he may have compassion on him, and to our God, for He will freely forgive. 
 8) 'For My thoughts are not your thoughts, and your ways are not My ways.'
This is the LORD's declaration.
 9) 'For as heaven is higher than earth, so My ways are higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts.  
10) For just as rain and snow fall from heaven, and do not return there without saturating the earth and making it germinated and sprout, and providing seed to sow and food to eat, 
11) so my Word that comes from My mouth will not return to Me empty, but it will accomplish what I please, and will prosper in what I sent it to do.'

Jumping right in...Am I seeking God?  Do I realize the privilege it is that He allows me to find Him, to know that He is near?  As the wicked and sinful one who has been rescued and redeemed have I abandoned my thoughts and my ways?  Abandoned is a pretty strong word, huh?  Abandoned means forsaken, deserted; to leave completely and finally; to give up, discontinue, withdraw; and to yield oneself with out restraint or moderation! Whoa!  Consider this with me for a minute, if I have abandoned my way and my thoughts what does that need to look like?  I do not know about you but I think I am often to easy upon myself.  I mean I 'beat' myself up over things just like the next person, but usually it is about things that don't really matter in the long run.  I often hide, or avoid the fact the when I have truly abandoned my way and my own thoughts that I have returned to the LORD.  Now I am not referring to salvation here, but everyday living.  In order to be saved we must have turned from our sin and accepted what Jesus did by dying, being buried and resurrected to provide us with life.  If you do not know Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior check out these verses and trust in Him,   Romans 3:10-12, 23; Romans 6:23; Romans 5:8; Romans 10:9-10, 13; Romans 5:1; Romans 8:1; and Romans 8:38-39.

I am suggesting that in my own life I tend to moderate things or rationalize my motives and my thoughts rather than abandoning my own ways and trusting fully in the LORD!  In my moment by moment, I have the choice as to whether or not I will do things my way or return to the LORD.  I want to be more conscious of the LORD and His ways throughout my days!  I am beyond thankful that His ways and thoughts are higher than mine!  Such relief in knowing that He is in charge; really fully and completely in charge!  Look at the rest of it - His Word comes from His mouth and He promises that it will accomplish exactly what He pleases and it will prosper wherever He sends it!  He will grow us through His Word if we are willing to seek Him, and we are willing to abandon our ways.  Did you see the rest of verse 7, so He may have compassion on him (the one who seeks Him and abandons his own ways)...for He will freely forgive!  Our LORD wants to have compassion on us and freely forgive us!  Praise God with me!  He is so good to us isn't He???  I am so thankful that He is not like me; struggling to forgive at times, and letting go of hurts, resentments, having a bad attitude more often than not, aren't you?  What a relief!

Father God, thank You for allowing us to seek You and for being available to be found!  What mercy and grace You show us!  Thank You that when we forget to seek You, that You even give us gentle reminders!  How amazing it is to me that You are waiting to have compassion on me!  I just don't get it, but I am so, so thankful for it!  LORD, I do pray that You will change my thoughts more and more each day to be more like Yours.  Teach me Your Word and give me the desire, the hunger to know You better than ever before.  Thank You that Your plans and purposes will come about and that Your Word will prosper in whatever You send it to do.  May I truly abandon my wicked ways, my tendency to sit in my emotions, or let them be in charge and may I reject thoughts that are not of You!  Help me to truly repent and not just say that I do and yet still try to hold on to control with one hand.  Forgive me for not truly abandoning my wrong thinking for still allowing it to come in and be in charge.  Help me to abandon what You have made known to be lies and follow hard after Your Truth.  Forgive me for making excuses for myself and for not fully trusting You!  Change me and help me to wait for Your lead and stop trying so hard; may I accept Your forgiveness and Your compassion and may Your Word grow in me in such a way that I am not seen but able to point to You, alone.  God, I am so grateful for all You have done and all You are doing; please keep me focused on You and forgive me for being so easily distracted and side-tracked.  Help me to know Your Words and Your thoughts so that I can immediately recognize those that are not of You!  May I be strong in You and continue to follow You on this Journey Your Way.  I surrender again to You; I want to be completely and utterly dependent upon You, God!  Be the LORD of each area of my life and help me to obey Your lead.  


No comments:

Post a Comment