Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Ongoing Journey

"You will never have a changed life until you have experienced the exchanged life.  God did not call us to change our lives, but to experience the exchanged life. We give Christ all that we are -- spiritually dead, guilty sinners -- and Christ gives us all that He is -- resurrected life, forgiveness, righteousness, acceptance.  Our inheritance is the result of exchanging our identity." Bob George, from Classic Christianity

So blogging is difficult from a mobile device, especially from someone as wordy as me ;)  That means this entry will be remarkably short because I just couldn't not share!!!

This book, Classic Christianity, has taken me on a journey into the Word like never before. Finally, God has brought me to a place where I am willing to listen & truly obey! I am so grateful! This journey has been long & hard & full of more hurt than I could have imagined but because of it I know Christ and the power of His resurrection as I never would have before! I have much learning & transformation yet to go but I praise God that He is  opening the eyes of my understanding & for the opportunity to share with you!

I am sure this year will be full of many more opportunities for me to learn to trust Him more fully, to truly know what it means to be still, cease striving & stop fighting!  I must allow HIS TRUTH, HIS WORD to replace the lies that I have believed & lived for so long.  Isaiah 26:3 says, You (God) will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in You!  And John 8:32 says, Then you will know he Truth, and the a truth will set you free!

I am living proof of this! God in His infinite grace & mercy truly is setting me free with His Truth & helping me to learn to have a mind that is steadfastly focused on Him & thus I am trusting Him more than ever before & as a result experiencing His peace & joy like never before!  As you join me on this Journey His Way I do covet your prayers as I continue to learn to submit, trust, rest & know that He is fully in control & that I am not only lived by Him but I am accepted by Him! He wants the same for you!  Please join me & see what an Amazing God we serve!

Father God, once again I am blown away, overwhelmed with gratitude for Who You Are & Your love of me! Thank You that You are showing me more & more often just how much I mean to You & that I am truly beginning to grasp what it means to be accepted in the Beloved, in Jesus! That I really can learn to rest, to be still, to cease striving & stop fighting! Forgive me  for my hardheadedness and my unwillingness to accept all the You have to offer me! Thank You again for never giving up on me  & for being so loving & kind! May I look to You! May I bring You glory! Teach me Lord to continually renew my mind & not fall back into out habits or old bondages! Thank You for Your faithfulness, Your forgiveness, Your mercy, Your love & Your grace!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment