Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Galatians 5:22-25

Drama, trauma, fear, anxiety, conflict, relationship, difficulty, stress, reality.
Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faith, self-control.

Not much of a choice when it is written in front of me.  I mean I would be foolish to chose the first grouping of words over the second; however that is often just what I do.  I have said this over and over and since really I am writing to myself and you have chosen to be a part of this journey with me I need to hear it again.  I need to see it again.

The key is the working of the Holy Spirit and that it is His fruit in me.

Galatians 5:22-25.
22) But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith,
23) gentleness, self-control.  Against such things there is no law. 
24) Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.  
25) If we life by the Spirit, we must also follow the Spirit. 

Let me just say that the enemy is working overtime!  I am sure you know exactly what I mean.  He is not in charge though!  God is.

I want to be thankful.  I want to walk by the Spirit.

Father God, thank You that Your Holy Spirit is willing and able to live inside of me and work through me.  May I chose Your ways.  God, my flesh is rising up this morning, I want to be angry.  I want to allow its passions and desires to be in charge.  Change my want to.  I surrender this battle to You.  I ask for Your strength to exhibit the fruit of Your Spirit rather than the lusts of my flesh.  You know the circumstances, You know the issues.  You are aware of how they continually bombard me.  I need Your strength, Jesus.  I need Your help.  I need You to give me the desire to follow Your lead and not my own.  It hurts, You know that better than anyone.  Please give me wisdom to do what You say; to obey.  Your Word says there is no law against love, joy, peace, kindness, goodness, faith, gentleness and self-control.  What does that mean?  I am thinking You mean that I can always chose to respond in these ways with the strength of Your Spirit.  So hard.  This 'crucifying' of the flesh hurts and yet it will hurt me less than disobeying You.  Thank You that I belong to You, Jesus!  Thank You for never giving up on me, though I certainly don't understand it I am grateful.  Thank You for Your amazing grace.  Your plans and purposes.  Your forgiveness, Your love.  Thank You that You are the Great I AM!  I need You more than ever before.  Please be my all in all.  Your will God, not mine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment