Saturday, November 30, 2013

No more

Revelation 21:3-5
Look! God's dwelling is with men, and He will live with them.  They will be His people, and God Himself will be with them and be their God.  
He will wipe away every tear from their eyes.  Death will exist no longer; grief, crying and pain will exist no longer, because the previous things have passed away.
Then the One seated on the throne said, 'Look! I am making everything new.' Then He said, 'Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.'

I am in need of encouragement.  This life is hard.  People judge, they misuse you and misunderstand; however this life is what it is.  I am learning more and more, sometimes more slowly than I would like, that this life truly is about Jesus.  Sometimes I long for heaven.  To be in God's presence always. To know joy fully.  To worship without end.  I get so tired of this roller coaster of emotion called life.

Well, for that encouragement.  Look! Look!  Twice the word look is used in this passage, pay attention, take note, focus, be deliberate, concentrate.  God will dwell with us and live with us in heaven...wait because of Jesus, He lives with me today, right now!  Thank You, Holy Spirit for giving up heaven to live within me.  Not much of a trade for You, but how grateful I am to never be alone regardless how I feel.  His.  God Himself will be with us in heaven.  Mind boggling to imagine isn't it!  "For now we see indistinctly, as in a mirror, but then face to face.  Now I know in part, but then I will know fully, as I am fully known" 1 Corinthians 13:12.

And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate (reflect) the Lord's glory, are being transformed into His image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit,                2 Corinthians 3:18.

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, there is a new creation; old things have passed away, and look, new things have come, 2 Corinthians 5:17.

Encouraged, yet?  I am.  How amazing He is!  His Word is Life.  His Word is Alive!  Sometimes we just need to look to heaven, to what is in store for us!  This brings joy, this brings peace...He does, through His Word.  Do you see it, I mean, did you really look with me?  He will wipe away every tear from (MY, YOUR) eyes!  I hate to cry, it doesn't feel good, it doesn't help, usually it only gives me a headache!  Think about this, NO MORE TEARS at all!  Death will not exist!  Exist!  What an awesome word in this context!  Exist - no longer!  Grief, crying, and pain will no longer exist!  SIGN ME UP!!!  Come quickly, Lord Jesus, come! (Revelation 22:20)

God is so good to us isn't He?  He promises to make all things new in heaven and yet He doesn't make us wait until then.  He says if we are in Christ, then we are new, now!  I am so thankful.  I don't know about you, but I know for me I need Him desperately.  His Word is trustworthy and true!!!  I am being transformed into His image, because He is at work.  There is hope in that for me.  He is in charge, not me.  Yes, this life hurts, people hurt us and sometimes we have to do things that others do not understand and their lack of understanding hurts as well.  Yet He understands!  He knows!  He is leading and directing.  I will hold on to Him!  Not to my feelings, not to the words of the accuser, not to the lack of understanding from those around me, but to Him!  May I hold on to Your truth, Lord,  and stay in Your peace.  

Oh, God, truly, I am thankful for Your Word! (Paraphrase of Psalm 139) Thank You, LORD that You have searched me and known me.  You know when I sit down and when I stand up; You understand my thoughts from far away.  You observe my travels and my rest; You are aware of all my ways.  Before a word is on my tongue, You know all about it, LORD.  You have encircled me; You have placed Your hand on me,   I thank You that I cannot escape from Your Spirit, from Your presence.  That You promise Your hand will lead me, Your right hand will hold on to me.  I can and will praise You because You created me and I am not hidden from You.  Thank You, God for being bigger than I can grasp, more than I can understand.  That my days do not catch you by surprise and that You have a plan, a good plan for me.  Help me to walk in Your ways, in Your plan and not get sidetracked by the opinions and thoughts of others, to trust that You are leading and that You will give me the strength to obey.  Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my concerns.  See if there is any offensive way in me; lead me in the everlasting way

Father God, thank You, thank You, thank You.  Here in Your Word, in Your truth is rest, is joy, is peace.  No where else.  Lord Jesus, may I live for You today, in the here and now.  Help me as I long for heaven, for completeness of Your presence, the opportunity to have joy at all times, to fully see You and worship You.  Have Your way in me.  Forgive me for so often getting my eyes off of You and placing them on myself, on my circumstances, on my feelings.  May I truly recognize that You understand me, You know me and You love me anyway.  Help me to trust You more, forgive me for the lack of trust I so often show by trying to figure things out or by trying to explain things that are unexplainable.  May I learn to really rest in the fact that You know all things.  Rest from this ridiculous need to figure out what to do or say and trust You to do as You say.  To lead me, to hold me with Your right hand.  To live with in me.  To know that You are at work, You are pleased with me, that it is okay to have peace when those around me think I should do something differently.  That I do not have to believe the lies of the accuser, the guilt that he tries to smother me with and the perceptions of others.  You are the only One that I need be concerned with.  Your opinion, Your direction, Your lead, have Your will and way in me.  Make me more like You.  

No comments:

Post a Comment