Thursday, December 19, 2013

Accepted in the Beloved

A fairly new but very close friend of mine is continually helping me by pointing me to the Truth of God's Word.  One verse in particular continues to be brought to my attention.  May be the Lord will use it in Your life as well.  This person is also the one who introduced me to Classic Christianity by Bob George and this verse is highlighted in there as well.

Ephesians 1:6 (KJV)  To the praise of the glory of His grace, wherein He hath made us accepted in the Beloved.

Look at this with me, 'to the praise of His glorious grace' (HCSB) we are accepted in the Beloved!  What?  Look at verses 7 and 8, 'in Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace that He lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding.'

Then Ephesians 2:8-9, For it is by grace you are saved in His kindness to us in Christ Jesus, through faith, and this is not from yourselves; it is God's gift -- not from works, so that no one can boast.

Are you with me?  Do you see the truth?  The hope in these verses?  So often we realize that salvation is a free gift from God, but then we try to add to it in the church.  We think we must do so 'works' or 'perform' in a certain way to be right or at least to stay right with God.  Wrong thinking and the enemy is having a heyday with this deception.  We cannot measure up!  Ever!  Not in our own strength, not in our works!  How foolish I have been and still find myself because I spend so much time thinking that I must do 'something' in order to be accepted by God, I mean really accepted.  When I write it out here, it is obvious but it is not so obvious in the moment by moment in which I live.

Look at that beautiful word, GRACE.  God's unmerited, unearned favor.  Did you notice that once again God goes above and beyond?  I mean as if His grace is not already enough He 'lavishes' His grace on us out of the riches of His grace and with wisdom and understanding!  His grace does not run out!  He knows me and yet He still lavishes His grace on me!  I am so unworthy and yet He in His unfailing love saves me through Jesus Christ!  Through His work on the cross!  I am accepted!  Me!  You!  Through faith in Jesus and by God's gift!  I am coming to have a new appreciation for the words accepted, Beloved, and grace.  Always before I knew that this was truth, but still I thought, wrongly may I add, that I should do more and be more!  What a lie!  What a waste!  Praise God He is opening my eyes and teaching me to life in the Truth more and more!

Accepted - on the basis of who my loving Creator is and the work of His Son on the cross!  His gift!  I can never be more accepted than I am at the moment I am saved!  I am acceptable!  SHOUT THIS WITH ME!  I AM ACCEPTABLE BECAUSE OF JESUS!!!

Father God, I praise Your Holy, Matchless Name!   Thank You for Your grace!  Your patience!  Your faithfulness!  Your forgiveness!  Your gift of Jesus most of all!  Thank You that I am acceptable to You because of Jesus!  Truly!  Nothing can be added to or taken away from my acceptance in You, the Beloved!  May I walk in the truth of this!  May I recognize the old tricks of the enemy and the bad habits of my flesh and turn from them and trust in You alone!  I am beyond thankful for Your grace!  I am so weary of trying to live this life thinking I am under grace but really I am still trying in vain to fulfill the law.  Thank You for getting my attention.  May I shout as loud and as far as You will let me that this life is all about YOU!!!  May You receive all the glory and praise!  Forgive me for often getting in Your way!  Forgive me for believing the lies of the enemy and being full of pride thinking that I needed to do anything other than put my trust in You!  Thank You for breaking the chains that have bound me for so long!  I need Your wisdom and Your strength to go forth from this place and live differently, to submit fully to You and obey You.  Have Your will and way in me, Jesus!  Thank You for saving me!  May those I come in contact with know You as well!  Use me however You chose!  Give me the strength and courage to obey.  May I point to You, period!  Thank You for the assurance of Your acceptance and Your love!  

No comments:

Post a Comment