Wednesday, December 11, 2013

God is the strength of my heart, my portion forever!

Psalm 73:26;28, My flesh and my heart may fail, but GOD IS THE STRENGTH OF MY HEART, MY PORTION FOREVER.  But as for me, GOD'S PRESENCE IS MY GOOD.  I have made the Lord GOD my refuge, so I can tell about all You do!

I am weary today, sad; however this emotion is not the truth it is simply an emotion that feels like the truth.  My flesh and my heart does fail me, particularly in my emotions; however I declare, I chose that God is the strength of my heart!  He is my portion forever and His presence is my good!  I chose this moment to make the Lord GOD my refuge once again!  Thank You, Lord GOD for the truth of Your Word, that stands regardless of circumstances, emotions and what others do and don't do 
(John 1:1).

I wait for the LORD; I wait, and put my hope in His Word, Psalm 130:5

I am choosing to get in to His Word and put my hope, my confident expectation, there.  Things around us are tough, people we know are sick and hurting, and we each face our own issues and battles daily, but we are not alone! He is at work; He promises (1 Cor. 12:6; Ro. 8:28)  I am so grateful that what I see and feel is not all there is to this life!  Hebrews 11:1, Now faith is the reality of what is hoped for, the proof of what is not seen.  

Father God, I say to You, 'increase my faith', Luke 17:5.  Forgive for giving in to the feelings of fear, hurt, sadness and help me to set my mind on You, Col. 3:2.  I agree with the psalmist who states, 'why am I so depressed?  Why this turmoil within me? Put your hope in God, for I will still praise Him, my Savior and my God' Ps. 42:5.  I do not know why this sadness is so heavy today and so hard to get out from under!  Forgive me for my part in it, for being so hard-headed and difficult.  For focusing on the feelings and not on praising You.  I place myself, again, in Your hands and I trust that You will bring about what You need to in me and through me.  I know, I trust and I believe that You, 'LORD, will send Your faithful love by day; that Your song will be with me in the night, that You are the God of my life' (Ps. 42:8); that You are life!  I know this and I know that what ever You want to show me You will in Your time.  You are my refuge and I am grateful.  Forgive me for the feelings of ingratitude and the complaints, help me to release them all to You and really let go.  I can stand on the joy that is deep within me!  The joy that is You and Your Spirit.  Trusting that You are at work and You are fighting my battles for me.  I am so struggling with this be still business, God.  Help me to be still, truly be still and know that You are God.  Thank You that now that I have had a taste of it, that when it is not happening I grieve and long for it, for You.  

Jeremiah 17:7-8, Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence indeed is the LORD. He will be like a tree planted by water:  it sends its roots out toward a stream, it doesn't fear when heat comes, and its foliage remains green.  It will not worry in a year of drought or cease producing fruit.

I am blessed God because I do trust in You!  My confidence, my hopeful expectation, indeed is YOU, LORD!  I so want to be like that tree planted by water, setting my mind on You, seeking You and the  life-giving stream of Your Word.  The heat keeps coming, in the version of sadness, disappointment, hurt, misuse, misunderstanding and a questioning of myself and yet like the tree I need not fear!  I can be healthy emotionally, no matter what others think, say or expect, my choices are from You and my health and strength is from You.  I want to be healthy as the tree planted by water with green foliage and that produces fruit.  Please Father, use me in spite of me.  Help me to produce the Fruit of Your Spirit because You are at work in me and help me to get out of the way.  May I let go of these unrealistic expectations for myself and not worry, but rest in You.  Like the tree, may I just continually seek Your stream, Your life giving Word and have no fear or worry about how things appear, how they look on the outside, but allow myself to enjoy the peace that You provide on the inside, the hope that comes only from You and the abundant life that You have for me.  I declare that You are able to do more than I can even think or imagine and I trust You even in the midst of this pain, Eph. 3:20.

Psalm 40:1-5, I waited patiently for the LORD, and He turned to me and heard my cry for help.  He brought me up from a desolate pit, out of the muddy clay, and set my feet on a rock, making my steps secure.  He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God.  Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD.  How happy is the man who has put his trust in the LORD and has not turned to the proud or to those who run after lies!  LORD, my God, You have done many things-Your wonderful works and Your plans for us; none can compare with You.  If I were to report and speak of them, they are more than can be told.

Thank You, God for the truth of Your Word, the hope therein and the way You speak to my heart through it.  I am thankful that regardless of how I feel You are truth, You are constant and You are unchanging!  Your faithfulness is GREAT! (Lam. 3:21-26).   I will praise You because You are worthy to be praised! (2 Sam. 22:4-7).

No comments:

Post a Comment