Saturday, December 7, 2013

To You, Jesus, be the glory forever!

Like many of you I have been struck once again by the beauty of the snow.  The pristine whiteness and the way it makes everything so bright, even the night!  On the flip side how it causes everything to slow down, to cease even.  I love that part of the snow.  The 'forced' rest so to speak.  You don't have to force me to stay in, I like it!  These thoughts have led me to the book of Job.  To the Sovereignty of God.  Such peace and joy in realizing that God really is in control, therein lies true rest, with Him, in trusting and knowing Him and being known by Him!

In looking at Job 38.  It says the LORD answered Job from the whirlwind, whoa, I mean think of that!  See the power and sovereignty of God in these verses.  Place yourself in them.

  4)  Where were (you) when I (The LORD) established the earth?  Tell Me, if (you) have   
        understanding, 
  5)  Who fixed its dimensions?  Certainly (you) know!  Who stretched a measuring line across it?
  6)  What supports its foundations?  Or Who laid its cornerstone
  7)  while the morning stars sang together and all the sons of God (angels) shouted for joy?
  8)  Who enclosed the sea behind doors when it burst from the womb, 
  9)  when I made the clouds its garment and thick darkness its blanket, 
10)  when I determined its boundaries and our its bars and doors in place, 
11)  when I declared: 'You may come this far, but no farther; your proud waves stop here'?

22)  HAVE YOU ENTERED THE PLACE WHERE THE SNOW IS STORED?

Obviously verse 22 is where I got started as I was thinking, yesterday, about how the weather changed throughout the night and day.  Watching out the window as it rained, then turned to ice and eventually these great huge snowflakes and then changed again multiple times I thought how cool it is that God shows such beauty in His creation.  The conversation came up about how different, how unique each snowflake is and in turn that 'He counts the number of the stars; He gives names to all of them' (Ps. 147:4), how His thoughts are so difficult to understand that if they were counted they would number the grains of sand (Ps. 139:17-18)  and ultimately how different each person is.  At our house the conversation was about how different even 'identical' twins are. God created our inward parts, He knit us together in our mother's womb; therefore we have been remarkably and wonderfully made (Ps 139:13-14). God is so amazing isn't He?  Do you realize you have been remarkably and wonderfully made by the God of the universe?!  Wow!!!

Makes me realize how small I really am.  Valuable to God, yes, but in the big scheme of things thinking on Him and His greatness puts things into perspective for me.

Creator God, thank You for Your wonderful creativity!  The beauty of Your creation and Your created.  Thank You for Your strength and by Your sovereignty that You are in full control all the time!  Psalm 147:5 says 'Great is our Lord and mighty in power; His understanding has no limit.'  Thank You, Lord, such assurance, such hope this brings when I let myself fully rely on You!  Romans 11:33, 'Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God!  How unsearchable His judgments, and His paths beyond tracing out!'  Praise Your Holy Name!  Thank You for Your provision in every way, beyond my comprehension.  Thank You that regardless of circumstances You are unchanging!  James 1:17 states that 'Every generous act and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights; with Him there is no variation or shadow cast by turning!'  What an awesome truth and vivid picture You present.  Never darkness, never a shadow cast by You! You are light, Jesus!  John 8:12, by Your very own words Jesus, You said, "I am the light of the world.  Anyone who follows Me will never walk in the darkness but will have the light of life."  Life!  Thank You for all You are teaching me, Lord, about life in You and what that means for my daily living.  That because of Your death on the cross, Jesus, and the fact that You were raised to life again I am no longer dead in my trespasses and sins, I have life!  That salvation is not just something You did for me, it is actually You, Jesus Christ, living in me!  Because You live in me 2 Peter 1:3 says, Your divine power, Jesus, has given me everything required for life and godliness, through the knowledge of You!  You who call me by Your own glory and goodness!  I do not have to continue to live a defeated life bemoaning my faults, failings, sins and beating myself up.  I can rest in the assurance that You died once for all my sins and made me, through Yourself, the righteousness of God the Father through Your overflow of grace (Romans 5:17)!  What an awesome truth and an incredible phrase, 'the overflow of grace' is, God!  I know the overflow of Your grace, I am experiencing it like never before and I am so grateful!  Thank You, Jesus!  Forgive me for not completely trusting what You did for me on the cross, for so many years living as though I still needed to confess better somehow, or be more sorry, straighten myself up before I was acceptable to You, really loved by You.  Such lies and bondage I have lived in, thank You for rescuing me! Thank You for growing me moment by moment through out my life and for opening my eyes so clearly lately! For showing me that I can 'make every effort to supplement my faith with goodness... knowledge... self-control... endurance... godliness... brotherly affection... and love' 2 Peter 1:5-7.  That these qualities are mine and they are increasing, keeping me from being useless and unfruitful in the knowledge of You, Jesus (2 Pe. 1:8).  You alone, Jesus, offered Yourself as the One and Only sacrifice so that I would no longer be under the law!  Help me to stop falling into the trap of trying to live according to the law!  In You, alone, Jesus, I have redemption through Your blood, the forgiveness of my trespasses and sins, according to the riches of Your grace, Your glorious grace that You have lavished on me with all wisdom and understanding (Ephesians 1:7-8)!  ME!  God You are so worthy of all my praise!  All the glory!  'From You and through You and to You are all things!  To You, Jesus, be the glory forever. AMEN!' (Romans 11:36)

No comments:

Post a Comment