Monday, December 9, 2013

My Friend

You ever have one of those days when you think you will go ahead and do the things on your 'list' and then somehow time just gets a way and you don't do the thing that was most important?  That is my day.  I thought I would sit down with the Lord this afternoon and instead I have gotten frazzled.  Now, I know better, but alas I did it anyway.  I don't rush well.  I am pretty deliberate and more methodical than I even realized.  Although my day normally involves a lot of early morning sitting on the couch contemplating and praying (not to mention trying to wake up!) and reading today I fell back asleep for a bit and then had errands that needed to be run.  I still have a couple things on my list of have to's and I am running out of time before I have to be done!  I know though that for me and who I am I must sit down for a few minutes and get my head on straight or stress will build for the rest of the day.  So, here I am.

I am truly thankful to have realized this about myself!  Finally I am paying attention to what is important to me and how I am wired.  God is using this time of eye opening in a huge way in my life.   I have so much to learn but I am so thankful for all He is doing in me!  I have joy, peace and an enthusiasm for life that I haven't for a long time.  Unfortunately, I spent an awfully long time trying to do things myself, kind of like I did today.  For me, I know that I must sit and soak with the Lord for a bit because it takes Him a while to get my attention and when I don't do this I find myself just busy and not able to see Him as clearly as I would otherwise.

Psalm 9:1  I will give thanks to You, LORD, with all my heart; I will tell of all Your wonderful deeds.

I find that I need to sit here a moment, catch my breath and visit with my Lord.  I am trying to learn to recognize Him as that Friend that is just always there, ready to talk, ready to listen.  Ready with a hug, a Word of encouragement, advice and correction.  He is that kind of Friend, did you know that?  His Word says in Isaiah 30:18 that the LORD is waiting to show you mercy, to show you compassion, for the LORD is a just God.  Happy are all who wait patiently for Him (HCSB).  
Look at it in the NASB version, the LORD longs to be gracious to you, and therefore He waits on high to have compassion on you.  For the LORD is a God of justice; how blessed are are those who long for Him.  Do you see it?  He LONGS, He is passionate about you; about me!  He longs to be gracious to me and show me compassion, He is waiting to show me mercy!  Wow!  Think about that!

Do you ever long to be noticed?  Long to be important to someone?  YOU ARE!!!  I AM!!!!  We are so important to the LORD that He longs to show us Himself even more than we can long for that attention or to be special.  We spend so much time wanting to connect with those in our lives and yet we miss that ONE PERSON who is always there, always available and always willing to meet with us.  He is with us all the time!  Psalm 147:11 says that the LORD delights in those who fear Him, who put their hope in His unfailing love.  We rush around in our days and miss spending time with Him, really focused on Him and He on us!  I am not suggesting that we sit all the time, that we are not busy, but I am suggesting that if we are too busy to sit down with the Lord and really connect with Him then we are too busy!  My day is just so much better when I am aware of Him!  Remember He is always there!  He is a gentleman though and He waits for us, He longs to show us His ways throughout our day, not just during 'special' moments!  Do we realize that He is with us all the time?  Really realize it?  All the time!  We do not have to wait until church on Sunday or Bible study with whoever, but we can be aware of Him all through out our day!  Moment by moment, after all He left His Holy Spirit to live within us!  What a gift!!! Yet much of our time is spent ignoring Him, deliberately disobeying Him, just being apathetic toward Him and we are missing out!  We are missing out on an intimate relationship with the One who created us, the One who knows us best and still loves us!

Oh God, forgive me for allowing the things that I think I need to accomplish and do to come before You in my mind and heart today. Thank You for getting my attention!  In Your graciousness revealing Yourself to me even as I did the errands first today.  I was aware of You, but I know I missed out on the opportunity for You to show me Your mercy and grace as I allowed myself to get busy and frazzled rather than seek You first!  Thank You for revealing Yourself to me, for allowing me to still experience the joy that only You can bring; that peace that passes understanding!  Thank You for Your faithfulness!  May I chose to put my hope in You and in Your unfailing love.  May I wait patiently for You to act instead of charging in where You haven't led!  Thank You for settling me down, even though the busyness of my day is still far from over I am resting in You!  I am trusting You!  I will tell of all Your wonderful deeds!  You are a friend like no other!  Thank You, LORD!  

No comments:

Post a Comment