Friday, December 20, 2013

Deliverance

Then I will rejoice in the LORD; I will delight in His deliverance.  Psalm 35:9

Deliverance means many things to each of us I would imagine.  Today my heart and my mind is on the deliverance that my young friend has experienced by going to his home in heaven this week.  The dictionary defines deliverance as an act or instance of delivering; salvation; liberation.  Some synonyms used are freeing, delivery, redemption, release and rescue!

Wow!  That is it exactly!  As I have said before my heart is broken.  I had a great love for this young man, high hopes and lots of prayers invested in his young life so the loss is great; however I can rejoice in the Lord and even find delight in the fact that he has been delivered!  He is fully redeemed, completely free and totally rescued from this world!  He is the one who is better off!  We are the ones that have to continue this struggle called life while he experiences the very fullness of life!  His loss has left a hole that cannot be filled by anyone else, it was his spot in our lives and yet our Savior promises to be our all in all and meet our every need.  We must continue to look to Him and to trust Him.  He truly knows what is best regardless of what we see or feel.  I am so grateful that my life and the lives of those I love are not really in my hands or anyone else's other than their Father in heaven.  Most days I do not know what is best for myself much less anyone else!  But my God is Sovereign!  He knows and He has the power and strength to make sure that the best is what happens for each of us!

Psalm 34:1-4 
I will praise the LORD at all times; His praise will always be on my lips.  I will boast in the LORD; the humble will hear and be glad.  Proclaim with me the LORD's greatness, let us exalt His name together.  I sought the LORD and He answered me and delivered me from all my fears. 

Father God, I dread the funeral today because of the hurt that it brings, the fact that my friend's lives are forever altered at the loss of their precious son!  I am desperately sad and so disappointed for them and their family and even for myself, my family and all that loved him,  that he is no longer with us physically and yet for him I can be nothing but glad. Thank You that death is deliverance!  That to be absent from the body is to be present with You, Lord!  (2 Corinthians 5:8)  God may this loss ever remind us of You and our eventual home in heaven.  May it remind us to be ready and to share the hope that we have in You alone with those around us who have no hope.  God I know I don't have to ask You to be with the family but I do ask that You would reveal Yourself in ways that they have never known and that they will express Your peace in the midst of one of perhaps the worst events that could ever happen here on this earth.  Only You can truly comfort.  Only You are able to meet each and every need!  Thank You for being that kind of God!  A God who loves unfailingly and is mighty to save, personal, intimate and more than able to meet our every need.  Draw each of them closer to You and each of us as well.  May You also use this tragic loss to open the eyes of others that do not know You, please God reveal Yourself and bring salvation to many.  Thank You for this allowing this young man to be a part of our lives and for allowing us to love him!  I will praise You and rejoice in You because You alone are worthy to be praised!  I do delight in the fact that he has been delivered, please remind us of this when the pain rises up and the hurt overwhelms.  May we constantly bring everything to You!  All of it!  I will proclaim Your Greatness!  You are the Deliverer both in this life and forevermore!  Thank You, Jesus!


No comments:

Post a Comment