Saturday, December 21, 2013

Slow learner :-)

Romans 8:6 (NIV) The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace.  (NLT) If the Holy Spirit controls your mind there is life and peace.  (HCSB) For the mind-set of the flesh is death, but the mind-set of the Spirit is life and peace.  

Romans 12:2 (NIV) Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.  Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is -- His good, pleasing and perfect will.  

1 Peter 4:7-11 (HCSB) Now the end of all things is near; therefore, be clear-headed and disciplined for prayer.  Above all keep your love for one another at full strength, since love covers a multitude of sins.  Be hospitable to one another without complaining.  Based on the gift they have received, everyone should use it to serve others, as good managers of the varied grace of God.  If anyone speaks, his speech should be like the oracles of God; if anyone serve, his service should be front eh strength God provides, so that in everything God may be glorified through Jesus Christ.  To Him belong the glory and the power forever and ever. Amen.  

Mark 12:30 (NIV)  Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.

Luke 21:14 (HCSB)  Therefore make up your minds not to prepare your defense ahead of time. (NIV)  But make up your mind not to worry beforehand how you will defend yourselves. 

Romans 8:27 (NIV)  And He who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God's people in accordance with the will of God.  

Proverbs 23:7 (HCSB) for as he thinks within himself, so he is.

Lamentations 3:21-26 (HCSB)  Yet I call this to mind, and therefore I have hope.  Because of the LORD's faithful love we do not perish, for His mercies never end.  They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness!  I say:  The LORD is my portion, therefore I will put my hope in Him.  The LORD is good to those who wait for Him. to the person who seeks Him.  It is good to wait quietly for deliverance from the LORD.

Psalm 37:7a (HCSB) Be silent before the LORD and wait expectantly for Him. 

Psalm 37:3-6 (HCSB)  Trust in the LORD and do what is good; dwell in the land and live securely.  Take delight in the LORD, and He will give you your heart's desires.  Commit your way to the LORD, trust in Him, and He will act, making your righteousness shine like the dawn, your justice like the noonday.  

Psalm 27:14 (NIV)  Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD.

So Father God, this battle is in my mind.  I am weak but You are strong, 1 Corinthians 4:10.  Your grace is sufficient for me, 2 Corinthians 12:9.  'In repentance and rest is my salvation, in quietness and trust is my strength', Isaiah 30:15.  Forgive me for thinking such negative thoughts about myself, for being so concerned with myself and my emotions, for allowing them to be in control rather than You.  Forgive me for constantly trying to figure this life out, myself out and therefore trying to be in control.  Forgive me for not being deliberate in calling Your Word to mind, focusing on the fact that You are Faithful, You are Sovereign, for forgetting that You will bring deliverance in Your time and in Your way.  Forgive me for forgetting that my job is to rest in You, to wait expectantly with hope for You, to commit my ways to You, to be strong and take heart because You are at work.  You love me and You accept me even when I do not love or accept myself.  Please change my view of myself, help me to have a humble heart and not a heart that is full of pride and self-focus.  Help me to have a view of myself that comes from the Truth of Your Word, one that isn't puffed up or one that beats myself down.  May I rely on You.  May I renew my mind in Your Word, may I love You with all my heart, soul, mind and strength.  May I stop worrying what others think of me, especially those who are 'supposed' to love me and yet do and say very hurtful things.  Help me to forgive and not dwell on the words that I have heard but trade them for the truth of Your Word.  Help me to resist the enemy so that he will flees and stop giving in to my own flesh, please Father God.  I want my mind to be governed by You and not by myself and my own flesh.  Thank You for interceding for me, for loving me and for taking care of me.  Help me to truly trust You and not just say the words.  Help me to learn and do my part as You lead not as I think I should.  I need a clear mind to be able to pray, to have discipline.  Forgive me for being more concerned with so many things rather than the ministry of prayer and Your Word (Acts 6:4) that You have called me to.  Forgive me for being so distracted by my emotions and even by the hurts of others.  May I have a compassionate heart, but a heart that brings those needs to You quickly rather than trying to figure out what to do myself.  Transform me God, make me new!  I do not want to be a stumbling block to others, I want to point to You.  This battle is Yours, as is the victory that will come in Your time.  Thank You for all You are showing me and all You are doing in me.  Forgive me for never being content, for always thinking that I need to do more and be more.  Thank You for Your acceptance, I need the strength and the ability to accept myself in the Beloved, in You, Jesus.  I am so tired of grasping Your truth one minute and then the next falling right back into the same trap.  May I so tire of it that I am willing to be silent before You and trust You to work, to deliver and to transform.  Help me to stop fighting, to cease striving and to be still and KNOW THAT YOU ARE GOD!  

No comments:

Post a Comment